Over the past decade, Kimberly as helped create, defend and advise hundreds of cannabis businesses. Kimberly provides extensive counsel to marijuana and hemp businesses on the laws, rules and regulation at the federal, state and local level. The Law Office of Kimberly R. Simms pays close attention to the political climate of the cannabis industry and important policy decisions, which directly impact your business. This focus allows Kimberly to provide guidance and strategic advise to clients based on the most recent criminal and civil enforcement patterns and to prepare our clients to be compliant with upcoming legislation. This level of expertise allows clients to focus on creating and developing and scaling their businesses, while still remaining compliant and up to date with the law. Kimberly is dedicated to working hand in hand with her clients to continue to legitimize the cannabis industry.
Cannabis services provided by The Law Office of Kimberly R. Simms include:
- Comprehensive legal consultations designed to address federal, state and local law pertaining to marijuana and hemp businesses.
- Business Strategy, Formation and Corporate Governance
- Advise potential investors on permissible investment structures and assist with due diligence.
- Draft and negotiate corporate and transactional contracts such as management service agreements, distribution agreements, manufacturing agreements, joint venture agreements, commercial leases, and other complex commercial agreements necessary to running your cannabis business
- Acquisition of state and local permits and licensing as well as ongoing regulatory compliance
- General Counsel Services
Remember, the legal landscape of cannabis laws is ever changing. It is wise to retain an attorney in order to remain up to date on the most current state of affairs in the cannabis industry.
Disclaimer: Please be aware that marijuana remains a Schedule I Drug and is considered illegal for all purposes by the Federal Government. The legal counsel and documents we provide are related solely to assist in compliance with the laws of the state of California.
- Day- to- day operation of a lawful cultivation, delivery service or brick-and-mortar establishment, including internal control measures, and safety procedures in cultivating, transporting and dispensing cannabis
- Land Use regulations, local zoning, and permitting matters
- Tax issues as they relate specifically to the medical marijuana industry
- Proper record keeping with an emphasis on ethics and transparency
- Risk assessment as it relates to potential criminal and civil consequences and current enforcement patterns
- Information relating to production of edibles and other marijuana infused products, including labeling, dosage, testing and brand protection
- Strategic advise and counsel as it relates to current policy and legislation at the state and local level
- Prepare and file your Nonprofit Mutual Benefit Corporation
- Assistance securing Sellers Permits and EIN number from the IRS
- Prepare Corporate Bylaws and Minutes from your first meeting of the Board of Directors
- Membership Intake Policies & Procedures
- Membership Agreements & Members Rules and Regulations
- Transportation Agreement
- Employment Agreement
- Cultivation Agreement
- Cultivation Rules & Regulations
- Referral Guide to other trusted marijuana professionals and services such as CPAs, Criminal Defense Attorneys,
- Security and Loss Prevention, and Dispensary Management Software